Blog Archive

Friday, September 6, 2013

Top 5 Favorite Romantic Movies

Hello,
Can I help that I am a hopeless romantic. And I mean in EVERY way possible.
I can watch a romantic movie and get chills before the kiss.
Get butterflies watching the romance. 
For example, in Titanic, as Jack holds Rose at the front of the ship, or when he draws her nude. 
Chills every single time.
I know its scripted, I know its acted, but sometimes I wish it could be that real.
Real love and passion exists, I know because I witness it first hand.
But this corny, scripted passion and romance I watch in the movies, wish happened flawlessly and more often.
This is not to say my husband is not romantic, he can be very romantic and when he is, my heart skips a beat. 
But he is more real, straightforward with love. And will only be mushy gushy lovey if I beg him to. haha
Anyway, I thought I would list my top 5 favorite romantic movies of all time, that I swoon over.
If for some reason you have not seen these, be sure to.
I have to watch them every few months.

1. Titanic
2. The Notebook
3. Time Traveler's Wife
4. Romeo & Juliet
5. Up

I realize all of the movies end in sadness, but the love that was felt before having to depart in one way or another was so strong, so passionate, so perfect. In Titanic she obviously loses Jack in the sea. Heartbreaking. In the Time Traveler's Wife, she loses her husband to time traveling, and at one point he is shot but can travel back from a different age, however, its unpredictable when. In Romeo and Juliet, they both lose one another. In Up, he loses her to old age, yet wants to fulfill to please her. And in The Notebook, they lose one another and die in each other arms. Maybe that's the kind of romantic movies that appeal to me, but they are my top 5 favorite. If I were to choose any additional, I would include The Vow, The Tourist, The Lucky One, A walk to remember, Dear John, Nights in Rodanthe, A message in a Bottle and Safe Haven. But these don't quite compare to my top 5. 
What are yours?
xo
Franee

2 comments:

  1. oh my goshhhh franee! bummed to not see Pride & Prejudice makin' the list!! favvv movie!

    ReplyDelete