Blog Archive

Sunday, April 6, 2014

My 24th Birthday

Hi Friends,
Thanks to all who wished me a Happy Birthday, I had a nice low key day.
My birthday celebrations actually started with all the freebie emails I was getting. Free food here and there.
I redeemed $10 off $25 at Uno's Pizzeria and got pizza and pasta!
I also got free ice cream from Cold Stone Creamery. 
Naturally, I got birthday cake with oreos!
I also scored a free bagel at Brueggers and a drink. 
I still have so many to use. I will be slowly using them throughout the week. 

Friday night, our friends up here all went out with us to get a couple of drinks.
We bar hopped to 2 different places. 
The spoiled me and bought my drinks. 
I curled my hair and though it took forever, it looked quite nice.
The first place we played darts and listened to live music. 
It was super fun. 
The second place we went was very crowded. There was live music but it was so loud it was hard to talk.
It was fun to get 2 drinks there though.
Then we walked home.
Luckily it wasn't pouring rain anymore.
On our journey down, it was down pouring.
There was still 4 of us and we all just sat and talked in the living room. 
I got to bed at a reasonable time and woke up at 7:30 the morning of.
Kev had a work meeting first, then came home and we rushed out the door.

My sweetie bought me an Adirondack scenic train ride!

It took us to North Creek, NY where we had a 3 hour layover there, and then back home.
Kevin has never been on a train, so though I was excited, I was even more excited for him! 

Once we got to North Creek, which there isn't a whole lot there...
 we headed to Copperfield inn where we enjoyed some lunch.
I got steak chili and chips, he got a buffalo chicken wrap and fries.
I also got a delicious black cherry soda for a drink! 
Then we braved the cold weather to walk some shops. It was snowing ever so lightly.
But the wind was fiercely bitter.
Then we played cards back at the train station waiting for it to arrive.
We decided we would dine this time.
I had never gotten the opportunity to go to the dining car before when I went on a train, so I was stoked.
On our way home, we took advantage of this.
The train was VERY cold but the dining car was so snuggly warm!
And way more comfortable.
It was my favorite part!
The food was pretty good. I got a turkey casserole, biscuits and
 for desert an Irish Cream Cheese Cheesecake slice! 
We stayed there the whole time and it was only us!
I was beyond stuffed and didn't eat anything else for the rest of the day.

Then once we got home, we got comfy cozy. I took a shower, got in jammies and we watched Life and Planet Earth til bed. 
It was very nice.
And now I'm 24.
Here's to a new year of adventures.
xo
Franee

No comments:

Post a Comment